Thursday 5 May 2011

Magic Lantern Firmware - MUST HAVE

Hello again, i would just like to inform everyone of the Magic Lantern Firmware. I have installed it on my Canon 550D and it has helped me improve my filming because it adds new features that turn you $600 camera into a $6000 camera.

Here is a short video explaining what the firmware does:


The only problem with this firmware is that it voids your warranty and at the moment only supports a few cameras. That being said new features are being added all the time to add to you film making arsenal.

17 comments:

  1. This is ingenious! Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, companies make you spend more than necessary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand why this firmware would be a must-have. As if it can make your camera that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10* his price in quality... so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a neat bit of code. I wonder if they'll ever have a version for my little G10, though I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice for keying out backgrounds^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they ever get this for my Pen i'll get it

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... That was great. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really good find, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. seems, interesting may check it out later

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's pretty cool. Like a jail-break for cameras I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could really out this to use, thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, i should keep an eye on it... nice post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds great in theory but the voiding of the warranty, I dunno about that mate. I'm a little too cautious to try this out I think.

    ReplyDelete